Friday, July 17, 2009

Introduction

by of_wonderland

I know you’ve seen it all; The Godfather, Goodfellas, Scarface, The Departed, every single mob movie known to man. Sure they’re entertaining, fun to watch, and always keep you on your toes, but what if that’s your life? Being the daughter of a mob boss was no easy feat. Sure we had unlimited amounts of cash, but constantly telling your friends your dad was ‘in the construction business’ got a little suspicious at times.

My childhood was fairly easy, I’d learned how to shoot a handgun at the age of five, and had the mouth of a sailor by twelve. My dad didn’t do it to hurt me, he did it to protect me. He wanted to make sure I knew how to take care of myself in any type of situation.

I guess this is the part where I messed up, though. I let myself become vulnerable and weak, I let my guard down. Rule number one of the mafia; trust no one. And that’s what I did. I trusted him, I trusted the enemy.

No comments:

Post a Comment